The webster five foundation
The Webster Five Foundation provides grants to local nonprofit organizations or programs that support expanding or improving access to education, culture and the arts, social services, charitable activities and community development. Since its inception, the Foundation has donated more than $2 million to a range of organizations.
Guidelines for grant applications:
- Eligibility: The Webster Five Foundation provides charitable contributions only to not-for-profit, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organizations. The Webster Five Foundation will consider requests from organizations that are based in or will directly benefit Webster Five’s delineated community in amounts ranging from $1,000-$15,000. Webster Five’s delineated community includes the cities and towns in which we have a branch and the surrounding communities. Click here for a list of our branch locations.
- Types of organizations the Foundation will support: youth services, senior services, and health and social services.
- Types of support: annual campaigns, program development and emergency funds.
- The Foundation will not support: individuals, political organizations/candidates, churches, synagogues, mosques, fraternal organizations, employment unions and tax-supported entities. Exceptions to the tax-supported entity exclusion will be considered for library capital campaigns that are supported by a private funding program.
- The Foundation discourages repeat requests for funding for the same programs/projects, however a repeat request for funding should be well-documented.
- Requests due to unusual or emergency circumstances will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Review process: The Webster Five Foundation’s Board of Directors meets four times per year. Applications are due on the 15th of March, June, September and December. A written response will be provided to all applicants by the end of the following month.
- Applying for grant(s) and questions: To download and print a grant application, please click below. Applications and questions should be addressed to: